Comfort Keepers Mission
Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest level of quality of life that is achievable. We shall treat each of our clients with the respect and dignity they deserve, as though we were caring for a member of our own family. The special people who deliver our unique brand of home health care (we call them Comfort Keepers®) are carefully selected, screened, and trained to provide professional, compassionate care.
In Knoxville, nearly half of our 90 caregivers have been with us for five or more years - enabling us to take care of your loved ones in consistently high-quality ways.
Our Home Health Care Philosophy
Interactive Caregiving™ is based on four primary pillars, which Comfort Keepers leverage to care for, engage, and interact with our clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness, and a longer life.
- A physically active senior maintains strength and independence, lessening or delaying the effects of aging.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
With our Interactive Caregiving approach, we are able to raise seniors’ quality of life to a much higher level than typical home health care providers.
Communities We Serve
We help residents who live within about 30 minutes of Knoxville in six counties, including Knox, Blount, Anderson, Loudon, Sevier and Roane. We hire trained, trustworthy caregivers who live in the area in order to quickly meet our clients’ needs in the following cities:
- Knox County - Knoxville, Farragut, Halls, Powell, Fountain City, Bearden, Heiskell, Corryton, Seymour
- Anderson County - Oak Ridge, Clinton, Andersonville, Norris, Oliver Springs
- Blount County - Maryville, Alcoa, Friendsville, Louisville, Rockford, Seymour
- Loudon County - Lenoir City, Loudon, Tellico Village, Greenback
- Roane County - Kingston, Harriman
- Sevier County - Seymour, all other cities on a case-by-case basis
We Live and Work Here
Our home health care team proudly calls the Knoxville area home, and we actively participate in 19 community groups that share our goal of helping seniors, including:
- Alzheimer’s Association Eastern Tennessee annual Alzheimer’s Walk
- Anderson County Senior Networking Group
- ElderWatch programs in Blount County and Knox County
- Knox County Council on Aging
- Knox County Senior Networking Group
Among the award-winning members of our team is caregiver Linda Johnson, who has been with Comfort Keepers® in Knoxville since 2012. The Alzheimer’s Association Eastern Tennessee recognized her in 2014 with its Caring Hearts Award for her exemplary work with clients diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Tammy Brogan opened Comfort Keepers® of Knoxville in 2001 after a successful career as a top executive of a company providing emergency medical services. Her healthcare business experience continues to serve us well as Tammy emphasizes that every one of our caregivers be well qualified, expertly trained, and that we treat your loved ones with respect when we visit them to provide our in home health care.
“We’re professional. We’re not a mom and pop,” Tammy said. “We make sure that (our caregivers) are checked and double checked. We do background checks monthly. We want to treat your loved ones as one of our own. Their safety is very important to us.”